New Product in Turkey Market: Cold Beverages with Hemp Extract
Objective: Turkey is important tea markets in the world and ice tea is one of the most popular products in the recent years. In this study, we aimed to evaluated ingredients of the substances written on the can of "Cannabis Ice Tea"; which is presented as psychoactive substance cannabis positive.
Materials and Methods: The drink was analyzed by immunoassay and chromatographic methods whether it contains prohibited substance under the relevant legal regulations. In the immunoassay studies; cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines, synthetic cannabinoids, opiates and benzodiazepine groups were analyzed. Cannabis, amphetamines and derivatives, analgesics/nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID), antidepressants, antihypertensives, hypnotics/sedatives, neuroleptics, opiates/opioids and caffeine were analyzed by Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry.
Results: “Cannabis Ice Tea” was analyzed by immunoassay and parameter results were determined to be negative according to cut off values. The obtained analysis results by chromatographic method; cannabis, amphetamines and derivatives, analgesics/NSAIDs, antidepressants, antihypertensives, hypnotics/sedatives, neuroleptics, opiates/opioids were negative, while caffeine was positive (62 µg/mL).
Discussion and Conclusion: Cannabis Ice Tea, which has a big market in the world and is canceled in our country, sales policy for product named as followed by exaggerated taste and sense descriptions. According to the analytical results; caffeine-containing beverage was not containing any cannabis or another prohibited psychoactive substance, can create a potential incentive effect that suggests the use of cannabis in the subconscious mind with a hemp similar logo on ice. In general hemp plant, known to contain psychoactive substances, is required to increased awareness of the use of visuals in sales and necessary legal arrangements, studies and inspections.
2. http://www.seagull.at/en/pictures2 Erişim Tarihi: 14.03.2017
3. David P. West, Hemp and Marijuana:Myths & Realities, 1998 North American Industrial Hemp Council, Inc.
4. Gürel, A., Akdemir, H., Emiroglu, S. H., Kadoglu, H., Karadayı, H. B., 2000, Türkiye Lif Bitkileri (Pamuk Tarımı, Teknolojisine Genel Bakış ve Diğer Lif Bitkileri). Türkiye Ziraat Mühendisliği V Teknik Kongresi, 17-21 Ocak 2000, Ankara, 525- 566.
5. Mahmoud A. ElSohly, Marijuana and the Cannabinoids, Humana Press, Totowa, New Jersey, 2007, Rudolf Brenneisen, Chemistry and Analysis of Phytocannabinoids and Other Cannabis Constituents, Chapter 2, 17-49
6. Serap Akgür, Hakan Coşkunol, Bağımlılık Yapıcı Maddeler ve Toksikolojisi, Ege Üniversitesi Madde Bağımlılığı, Toksikoloji ve İlaç Bilimleri Enstitüsü Yayınları No:3, 2014, Esrar ve Kannabinoidler, 93-107
7. Wright, Andrew, Wisconsin's Hemp Industry. Wisconsin Agricultural Experiment Station Bulletin, 1918, 293. p.5
8. Madde Bağımlılığı Tanı El Kitabı, Berna Uluğ, Şeref Can Gürel, Bölüm 7, Esrar (Kannabis) Kullanımına Bağlı Ruhsal Ve Davranışsal Bozukluklar, 141-145
9. Huestis, M. A. (2007). Human cannabinoid pharmacokinetics. Chemistry & Biodiversity, 4(8), 1770-1804
10. Haney M. Effects of smoked marijuana in healthy and HIV + marijuana smokers. J Clin Pharmacol 2002;42(Suppl 11):S34-S40
11. Tayfun Uzbay, Madde Bağımlılığı Tüm Boyutlarıyla Bağımlılık ve Bağımlılık Yapıcı Maddeler, İstanbul Medikal Sağlık ve Yayıncılık, Bölüm 2:Esrar Bağımlılığı, 203-225
12. Avrupa Uyuşturucu ve Uyuşturucu Bağımlılığı İzleme Merkez, Avrupa Uyuşturucu Raporu, 2016
13. Kaçakçılık ve Organize Suçlarla Mücadele Daire Başkanlığı, Türkiye Uyuşturucu Raporu, 2013
14. T.C. Resmi Gazete, Sayı:17803 Bakanlar Kurulu Karar Sayısı: 8/5190
15. 5237 Sayılı Türk Ceza Kanunu Madde: 191
16. http://sunrisemanagement.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/C+SWISS-deck.pdf Erişim Tarihi: 14.03.2017
17. Alain Verstraete, Workplace Drug Testing, Pharmaceutical Press, Helen Vangikar, Interpretation of urine drug test results by the medical review officer, 2011, 293-330
18. Tarım ve Köy İşleri Bakanlığı Türk Gıda Kodeksi Alkolsüz İçecekler Tebliği, Tebliğ No: 2007/26
19. http://www.seagull.at/en/pictures2/picfolder-dubai-promotion-sponsoring Erişim Tarihi: 14.03.2017
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine is an open access scientific journal. Open access means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. The Journal and content of this website is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) License. This is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) definition of open access.
The Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY) allows users to copy, distribute and transmit an article, adapt the article and make commercial use of the article. The CC BY license permits commercial and non-commercial re-use of an open access article, as long as the author is properly attributed.
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine requires the author as the rights holder to sign and submit the journal's agreement form prior to acceptance. The authors retain copyright of their work and grant the Association for its publication. This ensures both that The Journal has the right to publish the article and that the author has confirmed various things including that it is their original work and that it is based on valid research.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
*Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
*Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
*Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.