Death due to Intracranial Penetrating Stab Wounds Case Report
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine,
Vol. 4 No. 1 (1999)
Previous studies performed by our team showed that stabbing is the leading cause of homicides in Adana city. It is believed that patients with multiple injuries have the worst prognosis and also suggested that stabbing wounds on the head have a very low risk of injury. We report four unusual stabbing cases showing intracranial penetration because of rareness in the literature.
Key words: Wounds, Stab wounds, Medicolegal autopsy, Penetrating wounds of head.
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- Walton JB, Blaisdell FW, Jordan RG, Bodai B. The Injury Potential and Lethality of Stab Wounds: A Fol- son Prison Study. J Trauma, 1989; 29:99-101.
- Hunt AC, Cowling RJ. Murder by Stabbing. Forensic Sci Int, 1991; 52:107-12.
- Salaçin S, Kasar H, Alper B, Çekin N, Şen F. Demography of Fatal Stabbing: A Nine-Year Experience. Acta Medicinae Legalis, 1993; 42:221-31.
- Salaçin S, Çekin N, Alper B, Gülmen MK, Şen F. Changing Profile of the Manner of Deaths. Acta Medicinae Legalis, 1994; 44:289-90.
- Salaçin S, Çekin N, Gülmen MK, Şen F, Alper B. Incidence of Autopsies and the Rates of the Manner of Death in 939 Medicolegal Deaths in Adana City, Turkey. Advances in Forensic Sciences, 1995; 8:121-5.
- Mandal AK, Oparah SS,. Unusually Low Mortality of Penetrating Wounds of the Chest. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 1989; 97:119-25.
- Simpson RK, Venger BH, Naravan RK. Treatment of Acute Penetrating Injuries of the Spine. J Trauma, 1989; 29:42-5.
- Kerr TM, Sood R, Buckmann RK, et al. Prospective Trial of the Six Hour Rule in Stab Wounds of the Chest. Surg Gyneco Obstet, 1989; 169:223-5.
- Honigmann B, Rohweder K, Moore EE, et al. Prehospital Advanced Trauma Life Support for Penetrating Cardiac Wounds. Ann Emerg Med, 1990; 19:145-50.
- Durham RM, Olson S, Weigelt JA. Penetrating Injuries to the Stomach. Surg Gyn. Obstet, 1991; 172:298-302.
- Hiatt JR, Martin NA, Machleder HI. The Natural History of a Traumatic Vertebral Artery Aneurysm: Case Report. J Trauma, 1989; 29:1592-4.
- Fisher RG, Menachem YB, Whigham C. Stab Wounds of the Renal Artery Branches. Am J Roent, 1989; 152:1231-5.
- Madden MR, Pauli DE, Finkelstein JL, et al. Occult Diaphragmatic Injury from Stab Wounds to the Lower Chest and Abdomen. J Trauma, 1989; 29:292-7.
- Rothenberg SS, Moore EE, Moore FA, et al. Emergency Department Thoracotomy in Children-A Critical Analysis. J Trauma, 1989; 29:1322-5.
- Salaçin S, Çekin N, Gülmen MK, Özdemir MH, Şen F, Savran B. Adana'da Çocukluk Çağı Ölümlerinde Orijin ve Ölüm Nedenlerinin Dağılımı. I.Ulusal Adli Tıp Kongresi, İstanbul, 1994.
- Salaçin S, Çekin N, Gülmen MK, Hilal A, Savran B. Retrospective Analysis of the Medicolegal Deaths in Adana City, Turkey. XVII.Congress of the IALM, Dublin-Ireland, 20-23 August 1997.
- Özkök SM, Katkıcı U, Örsal M. Ölümle Sonuçlanan Kesici-Delici Alet Yaraları: Retrospektif Bir Adli Otopsi Çalışması. Adli Tıp Dergisi, 1992;8:147-54.
- Kırangıl B, Yavuz F, Okudan M, Yavuz S, Öz H. Kesici-Delici Alet Yaralanmalarında Kemik Lezyonlari: Beş Olgu Sunumu. 7. Ulusal Adli Tıp Günleri, 1-5 Kasım, Antalya, 1993:77-90.