Anatomy of a Disaster Bazaar de La Charite Fire
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine,
Vol. 16 No. 3 (2011)
Bazaar de la Charité was established in order to help and charity in Paris by Catholic French Aristocrats in 1885 and continued to exist until the fire in 1897 as an annual organization. 126 people died in the fire most of them were aristocrats. After the fire 30 dead bodies could not be identified by the relatives and applied the dentists in order to identification. After the examinations carried out by Dr. Oscar Amoedo, they were identified. Dr. Oscar Amoedo established the basis of forensic odontology by publishing an article about the role of dentists in post fire identification and a book called "L'art dentaire en Medecine Legale”
Key words: Bazar de la Charite, forensic odontology, fire, Paris
- Benjamin,W., Pasajlar, Yapı Kredi Yayınları, 4. Baskı, İstanbul, 2002
- Enlil, Z. Sanayi Kentinin Sorunlarına Çözüm Arayışları: Pragmatik Yaklaşımlar - Altyapı Planlaması
- Gösser, M.H., The Bazar de la Charite fire: The reality, the aftermath, the telling, Film H i story, Volume 10, pp. 70-89,1998.
- Blume, M. Remembering a Belle Epoque inferno in Paris, TheNewYork Times, April 28,2008 http://parisisinvisible.blogspot.com/2009/02/tale-of- two-tragedies.html (ErişimTarihi: 27.07.2012)
- Taylor, J. A Brief History of Forensic Odontology and Disaster Victim Identification Practices in Australia, Journal of Forensic Odontostomatology, 27:2 64-74, 2009.
- Roger-Viollet, http://www.parisenimages.fr/ (Erişim Tarihi: 27.072.2012) http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/duchess%20sophie-charlotte%20in%20bavaria (ErişimTarihi: 27.07.2012)
- Cowardice of Paris Men; Exhibited in Brutal Form During the Burning of the Charity Bazaar. The New York Times by The Associated Press, May 16,1897.
- Metcalf, R.D., History of the Field of Endeavour Known as Forensic Odontology also known in Various Parts as Forensic Dentistry, Tarrant County Medical Examiner's District.
- Patidar, K.A.,Parwani, R., Wanjari, S. Effects of high temparature on different restorations in forensic identification: Dental samples and mandible, Journal of Forensic Dental Science 2010;2(l):37-43 http://www.biusante.parisdescartes.fr/sfhad/vollO/art icle04.htm (ErişimTarihi: 04.07.2013)
- Abdülrahimov, R., Kars, F. Çeşitli Amaçlı Salonların Yangın Güvenliği, IV. Ulusal Tesisat Mühendisliği kongre ve Sergisi Bildiri Kitabı, 709-719,1999.
- Göksu, T. Panik Yönetimi: Bir Toplu Davranış Biçimi Olarak Panik ve Önleme Yolları, Polis Bilimleri Dergisi 2(5-6): 193-201
- Cooking, D. Drury,J.,Reichar, S.The psychology of crowd behaviour in emergency evacuations: Results from two interview studies and implications for the Fire and Rescue, The Irish Journal of Psychology 2009;30(1-2):59-75.