Crime of Sexual Abuse of Children in Turkish Penal Code Five Case Reports
Sexual abuse of children is a very important health problem; moreover, it is regarded as a serious crime in terms of psycho-social and legal aspects when it is dealt with possible reasons to appear in the short and long term. Protection of children is especially given much importance for crimes of sexual privacy all over the world.
In this study, it is aimed to protect children who are victims of this crime and to prevent this crime through the cases brought to Adana Heavy Penal Court with regard to crimes against the right of sexual privacy of children which is subject to sanctions in Turkish Penal Code.
Data belonging to their offenders and 5 victim children under 15 who have been brought/sent/have applied to 3 Numbered Heavy Penal Court of Adana Court House after January 2010 because of abuse of children and child neglect have been investigated retrospectively.
When our cases are evaluated, it is understood that one girl at the age of 13 years 11 months has been pushed to prostitution out of 5 cases. It is learned that 4 victim children of our cases at the age of 12 years 3 months, 12 years 10 months, 13 years 9 months and 14 years 7 months have been forecd to marry illegally, brought to hospital due to illness after giving birth and/or for giving birth and concerning health officials filed a criminal complaint to the security office and legal process started for them.
Abuse of children can happen in any place of the world, and it is understood that it is so common when you deal with the case. As the number of professionals and their sensitivity and their knowledge increases, concerning numbers generally increase too. As it can be seen, medicine, law and social service departments must work cooperatively for the evaluation of abuse of children. Remedying the deficiencies for this point will be a significant development for our country.As a result, it is a requirement for our country that necessary coordination and cooperation between concerning institutions should be provided for prevention of child neglect and abuse of children.
2. Ejder Yılmaz Hukuk Sözlüğü, Yetkin Yayınları Ankara 2006 sayfa 328.
3. http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/resources/publications/en/guidelines_chap7.pdf. 1 Eylül 2015.
4. Polat O. Cinsel İstismar. İçinde: Polat O, Editör. Tüm Boyutlarıyla Çocuk İstismarı, Cilt 1-Tanımlar. Ankara: Seçkin Yayıncılık, 2007;93-158.
5. Burt MR, Estep RE. Who is a victim? Definitional problems in sexual victimization. Victimology: An International Journal, 1981;6(1-4):15-28.
6. Örün E., Tatlı, MM. Birleşmiş Milletler Çocuk Hakları Sözleşmesi’ne Göre Türk Çocuklarının Sağlık ve Sosyal Hakları Açısından Durumu. Yeni Tıp Dergisi, 2012;29(3),132.
7. http://www.tbmm.gov.tr/kanunlar/k5237.html. 1 Eylül 2015.
8. Yurtcan E. (2005). Cinsel dokunulmazlığa karşı suçlar. Yeni Türk Ceza Kanunu. İstanbul Barosu Yayın Kurulu. 176-81
9. Polat O. (2001). Çocuk ve Şiddet. Der Yayınları, İstanbul, 207-314.
10. http://www2.tbmm.gov.tr/d24/1/1-0918.pdf. Erişim Tarihi: 2 Eylül 2015.
11. http://www.cte-ds.adalet.gov.tr/dosyalar/mevzuat/kanunlar/ckk.pdf. 2 Eylül 2015.
12. Soyaslan, D. Ceza hukuku özel hükümler. Gözden Geçirilmiş 5. Baskı, Yetkin Basımevi, Ankara, Türkiye. 2005;182.
13. Yalvaç G Türk Ceza Kanunu. Karşılaştırmalı-Gerekçeli TCK, CMK, CGTİK ve İlgili kanunlar ile Yönetmelikler Kitabı. G Yalvaç (Ed), Ankara. Adalet Yayınevi, 2005; s.218-24.
14. İşeri E. Cinsel istismar: İçinde Çuhadaroğlu Çetin F, Pehlivantürk B, Ünal F, Uslu R, İşeri E, Türkbay T, Coşkun A, Miral S, Motavallı N (editörler). Çocuk ve Ergen Psikiyatrisi Temel Kitabı. Hekimler Yayın Birliği, Ankara, 2008;470-477.
15. Finkelhor D. The international epidemiology of child sexual abuse. Child Abuse Negl, 1994;18:409-417.
16. Kara B, Biçer Ü, Gökalp A. Çocuk istismarı. Çocuk Hastalıkları ve Sağlığı Dergisi, 2004;47:140-151.
17. Dubowitz H. Preventing child neglect and physical abuse. Pediatr Rev.,2002;23:191-196.
18. Gorey GM, Leslie DR. (1997). The prevalence of child sexuel abuse: integrative review adjustment for potential response and meajurment biases. Child Abuse Negl.,1997;21:391-398.
19. Dube SR, Anda RF, Whitfield CL, Brown DW, Fellitti JW, Dong M, Giles WH. Longterm conseguences of childhood sexuel abuse by gender of victim. Am J Prev Med., 2005;28:430-438.
20. Beitchman JH, Zucker KJ, Hood JE, DaCosta GA, Akman D. (1991). A review of the short-term effects of child sexual abuse. Child Abuse Negl., 15:537-556.
21. Nour NM. (2009). Child marriage: a silent health and human rights issue. Rev Obstet Gynecol, 2: 51-6.
22. http://yayin.adalet.gov.tr/kanunlar/mk.htm. Erişim Tarihi: 17 Eylül 2015.
23. https://www.tbmm.gov.tr/kanunlar/k5237.html TCK, Beşinci Bölüm, Çocuk Düşürtme, Düşürme veya Kısırlaştırma, madde 99/6. Erişim Tarihi: 26 Mart 2016.
24. Aras, B. Hukuk ve ceza mahkemelerinin yaş tespiti kararlarının birbirine etkisi. Uyuşmazlık Mahkemesi Dergisi, 2015;5(5).
25. Gök Ş., Erölçer N., Özen C. Adli tıpta Yaş Tayini. İstanbul Üniversitesi Fen Fakültesi, Basım Atölyesi, İstanbul, 1985;
26. Horozgil, D. Çocukların Cinsel İstismarı Suçunun Basit Şekli. TBB Dergisi, 2011;(93):108-146)
27. Fergusson DM, Boden JM, Horwood LJ. Exposure to childhood sexual and physical abuse and adjustment in early adulthood. Child Abuse Negl 2008; 32:607-619.
28. Cutajar MC, Paul ME, Ogloff JRP, Thomas SD, Wells DL, Spataro J. Psychopathology in a large cohor of sexually abused children followed up to 43 years. Child Abuse Negl 2010; 34:813-822.
29. Soylu N, Şentürk Pilan B, Ayaz M,Sönmez S. Study of factors affecting mental health in sexually abused children and adolescent. Anadolu Psikiyatri Dergisi, 2012; 13:292-298.
30. Glover DA, Loeb TB, Carmona JV, Sciolla A, Zhang M, Myers HF, et al. Childhood sexual abuse severity and disclosure predict posttraumatic stres symptoms and biomarkers in ethnic minority women. J Trauma Dissociation 2010; 11:152-173.
31. Taner, H. A., Çetin, F. ve ark. Cinsel istismara uğrayan çocuk ve ergenlerde psikopatoloji ve ilişkili risk etkenleri. Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry 2015; 16:294-300.
32. Kendall-Tackett KA, Williams LM, Finkelhor D. (1993). Impact of sexual abuse on children: a review and synthesis of recent empirical studies. Psychol Bull., 113:164-180.
33. Polusny MA, Follette VM. (1995). Long-term correlates of child sexual abuse: theory and review of the empirical literature. Appl Prev Psychol., 4:143-166.
34. Öztop DB, Özcan OO. Cinsel istismar vakalarının sosyodemografik ve klinik özelliklerinin değerlendirilmesi, The Sociodemographic and Clinical Evaluation of Sexually Abused Children. New/Yeni Symposium Journal;48(4):270-276. Available from: http://www.yenisempozyum.net/Pdf/TR-YeniSempoz yum-97e2e73a.PDF.
35. Türkbay T, Söhmen G, Söhmen T. Çocuk ve ergenlerde cinsel kötüye kullanım klinik bulguları, olası sonuçları ve önleme. TC Milli Eğitim Bakanlığı Kartal Rehberlik ve Araştırma Merkezi, http://kartalram.gov.tr/RehberOgretmen/Dokumanlar/KISISEL_GELISIM/CocukveErgenlerdeCinselKotuyeKullanim.doc
36. Zara-Page A. Cinsel istismara bağlı travma: psikolojik tedavi süreçleri ve ilkeleri. Türk Psikoloji Yazıları, 2004;7(14): 15-21.
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine is an open access scientific journal. Open access means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. The Journal and content of this website is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) License. This is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) definition of open access.
The Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY) allows users to copy, distribute and transmit an article, adapt the article and make commercial use of the article. The CC BY license permits commercial and non-commercial re-use of an open access article, as long as the author is properly attributed.
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine requires the author as the rights holder to sign and submit the journal's agreement form prior to acceptance. The authors retain copyright of their work and grant the Association for its publication. This ensures both that The Journal has the right to publish the article and that the author has confirmed various things including that it is their original work and that it is based on valid research.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
*Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
*Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
*Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.