The Milestones of Forensic Medicine in Turkey: Prof. Dr. Fahri Ecevit
Prof. Dr. Fahri Ecevit, after graduating from the Darülfünun-i Şahane (Faculty of Medicine of Istanbul University) served as a medical doctor was in different regions of Anatolia during the Independence War period. He was a Republican intellectual who served as a lecturer in the Ankara Law School as a Forensic Medicine Expert during the foundation years of the Republic and also a member of the Turkish political history in 1943-1950 as a parliamentarian.
In addition to taking part in the education of numerous law school students as a lecturer, he has signed many scientific works. He has also participated in Forensic Medicine interviews held in Ankara Community House and participated in radio programs and has been a columnist at Ulus Newspaper. In short, forensic science has emerged from academia and has undertaken an unusual but interesting role in integrating with the public.
He has academically worked in fields such as; forensic tanatologia, forensic psychiatry, medical law and civil law. During the two terms he served as parliamentarian, he interested in civil rights, children's rights and the criminal responsibility of children and the position of the reformatory while he made speeches from the parliamentary council and in the commissions he served. In addition, he has made efforts especially to improve the working conditions of forensic medicine doctors. His ideas about the working conditions of forensic medicine doctors at that time are, keeps a light for today.
The only children who came to the world from his wife, painter Fatma Nazli Hanım; Mustafa Bülent Ecevit is the well known figure of the Republic of Turkey and the political history of the world, where he has been involved for almost half a century; including as a Prime Minister of Republic of Turkey.
2. Daday İlçe Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü Web Sayfası. Erişim Tarihi: 18/01/2017 http://daday.meb.gov.tr/fahriecevit.html
3. Keçeci ÖE. Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Siyasetinde Bülent Ecevit; 2-4.
4. Çetin, M. Çinli Hoca'nın torunu Ecevit. İstanbul: Emre Yayınları; 2006.
5. Dündar C, Akar R. Karaoğlan. İstanbul: Can Yayınları; 2016.
6. Avcı M, Şahin İ. Geleneksel Kastamonu Mutfağı ve Yemek Kültürü. Karadeniz Sosyal Bilimler Dergisi. 2014; 6: 45-46.
7. Belli, OŞ. Çocukluğundan Liderliğine Kadar Bülent Ecevit. İstanbul: Ak Kitabevi; 1975.
8. İnan, A. Tarihe tanıklık edenler. İstanbul: Çağdaş Yayınları; 1997.
9. Kısakürek NF. Tarih Boyunca Büyük Mazlumlar. İstanbul: Büyük Doğu Yayınları; 1999.
10. Muradoğlu A. İstiklal Mahkemeleri, babalar, oğullar ve torunlar. Erişim Tarihi: 18/01/2017 http://www.yenisafak.com/yazarlar/abdullahmuradoglu/istiklal-mahkemeleri--babalar-ogullar-ve-torunlar-21133
11. Ankara Hukuk Fakültesi Ellinci Yıl Armağanı 1925-1975 Cilt: 1. Ankara: Sevinç Matbaası; 1977.
12. Ankara Hukuk Fakültesi Öğretim Üye ve Yardımcıları Bibliyografyası 1925-1975. Ankara Üniversitesi Basımevi, 1977.
13. Ankara Halkevinde Hukuk İlmini Yayma Kurumunun İkinci Konferansı. Ulus Gazetesi. 7 İlkkanun 1935.
14. Çufalı M. Türk Parlemento Tarihi TBMM - VIII. Dönem (1946-1950) 1. Cilt. TBMM Kültür, Sanat ve Yayın Kurulu Yayınları; 2012.
15. TBMM Tutanak Metinleri; Birleşim:8 - 26.8.1946 - Oturum:1; 135.
16. TBMM Tutanak Metinleri; Birleşim:14 - 19.12.1945 - Oturum:1; 203-207.
17. TBMM Tutanak Metinleri; Birleşim:14 - 19.12.1945 - Oturum:1; 211.
18. TBMM Tutanak Metinleri; Birleşim:19 - 19.12.1946 - Oturum:1; 290.
19. TBMM Tutanak Metinleri; Birleşim:60 - 24.05.1944 - Oturum:1; 246-248.
20. TBMM Tutanak Metinleri; Birleşim:59 - 22.05.1945 - Oturum:1; 264-266.
21. TBMM Tutanak Metinleri; Birleşim:24 - 27.12.1947 - Oturum:3; 444-445.
22. Çağlar, D. Türkiye’de Korunmaya Muhtaç Çocuklar ve Eğitimlerine Genel Bir Bakış. Ankara Üniversitesi Eğitim Bilimleri Fakültesi Dergisi. 1973; 6(1): 59-112.
23. TBMM Tutanak Metinleri; Birleşim:65 - 31.05.1948 - Oturum:1; 574-575.
24. TBMM Tutanak Metinleri; Birleşim:46 - 25.04.1945 - Oturum:1; 91-93.
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine is an open access scientific journal. Open access means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. The Journal and content of this website is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) License. This is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) definition of open access.
The Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY) allows users to copy, distribute and transmit an article, adapt the article and make commercial use of the article. The CC BY license permits commercial and non-commercial re-use of an open access article, as long as the author is properly attributed.
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine requires the author as the rights holder to sign and submit the journal's agreement form prior to acceptance. The authors retain copyright of their work and grant the Association for its publication. This ensures both that The Journal has the right to publish the article and that the author has confirmed various things including that it is their original work and that it is based on valid research.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
*Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
*Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
*Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.