Upper Extremity Injuries Due to Work Accidents in Work Accident Disability Assessments: Three Case Reports
Industrial accident is an area that forensic specialists expertise on. The courts in different cities asked for reports about three injury cases due to industrial accidents from our department of forensic medicine. Each report should include the disability rate and the duration of unfunctionality.
The history and physical examination of each case revealed the diagnosis of upper extremity injury due to industrial accident. The first case had few amputations on the hand fingers, and the other cases had paralysis and ancylosis.
Industrial accident, a significant problem of public health can causes loss of labour and money, disabilities and even death. Injuries of the upper extremity with the characteristic injury findings are often come across in such accidents. Our aims to present the current three cases are to have forensic medicine specialists be aware of characteristic signs of industrial accidents and the importance of the expert reports preparation concerning industrial accidents.
2. www.sgk.gov.tr (Erişim tarihi:06.11.2015)
3. Dağlı B, Serinken M. Acil Servise Başvuran İş Kazalarına Bağlı Yaralanmalar. JAEM 2012;11:167-70.
4. Gideroğlu K, Sağlam İ, Çakıcı H, Özturan KE, Güven M, Görgü M. El yaralanmalarının epidemiyolojisi. Abant Med J 2012;1(1):13-5. doi: 10.5505/abantmedj.2012.76486
5. Rinkevich Y, Maan ZN, Walmsley GG, Sen SK. Injuries to Appendage Extremities and Digit Tips:A Clinical and Cellular Update. Developmental Dynamics. 2015;244:641-50. DOI:10.1002/dvdy.24265
6. Ünlü RE, Ünlü EA, Orbay H, Şensöz Ö, Ortak T. Ezici el yaralanmaları. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2005;11(4):324-28.
7. Bilgin BÇ, Çığșar G, Kahramanca Ş, Karaca T, Özer S, Türktaș U ve ark. Bir Sanayi Bölgesinde Çalıșan İșçilerin El Yaralanmalarının Özellikleri. Kafkas J Med Sci 2013; 3(3):109-12. doi: 10.5505/kjms.2013.84856
8. Oberfeld E, Zwahlen M, Vögelin E. Return to Work after Traumatic Hand Injuries: Medical, Personal and Work-related Factors. Handchir Mikrochir plast Chir 2015; 47(01):44-57. DOI:10.1055/s-0034-1398661
9. Eriksson M, Karlsson J, Carlsson KS, Dahlin LB, Rosberg HE. Economic consequences of accidents to hands and forearms by log splitters and circular saws: Cost of illness study. J Plast Surg Hand Surg 2011;45:28-34. DOI:10.3109/2000656X.2010.542654
10. Trybus M, Lorkowski J, Brongel L, Hladki W. Causes and consequences of hand injuries. The American Journal of Surgery 2006;192:52-7. DOI:10.1016/j.amjsurg.2005.10.055
11. Dias JJ, Garcia-Elias M. Hand injury costs. Injury, Int. J. Care Injured 2006;37:1071-7. DOI:10.1016/j.injury.2006.07.023
12. Şakrak T, Mangır S, Körmutlu A, Cemboluk Ö, Kıvanç Ö, Tekgöz A. 1205 El Yaralanması Olgusunun Retrospektif Analizi. Turk Plast Surg 2009;17(3),134-8.
13. Aslan A, Aslan İ, Özmeriç A, Atay T, Çaloğlu A, Konya MN. Acil El Yaralanmalarında Deneyimlerimiz:5 Yıllık Verilerin Epidemiyolojik Değerlendirmesi. TAF Prev Med Bull 2013;12(5):563-70.
14. Tuncalı D, Toksoy K, Terzioğlu A, Aslan G. Üst ekstremite akut tendon yaralanmaları:Epidemiyolojik değerlendirme. Türk Plast Rekonstr Est Cer Derg 2005;13(2),114-8.
15. Altan L, Akın S, Bingöl Ü, Özbek S, Yurtkuran M. El Yaralanması Ciddiyet Skoru'nun endüstriyel el yaralanmalarında prognozu belirlemedeki rolü. Ulus Travma Derg 2004;10(2):97-101.
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine is an open access scientific journal. Open access means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. The Journal and content of this website is licensed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) License. This is in accordance with the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI) definition of open access.
The Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY) allows users to copy, distribute and transmit an article, adapt the article and make commercial use of the article. The CC BY license permits commercial and non-commercial re-use of an open access article, as long as the author is properly attributed.
The Bulletin of Legal Medicine requires the author as the rights holder to sign and submit the journal's agreement form prior to acceptance. The authors retain copyright of their work and grant the Association for its publication. This ensures both that The Journal has the right to publish the article and that the author has confirmed various things including that it is their original work and that it is based on valid research.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
*Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
*Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
*Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.